Prep 10 mins
Cook 4 mins
This recipe is posted by request and was found on the net. No name attached.
Make and share this Banana Butter-Canning Recipe recipe from Food.com.
- Measure 3 cups mashed bananas into a large saucepan.
- Add the lemon juice, cherries and sugar, mixing well.
- Bring to a rolling boil and boil hard for 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat and stir in the pectin.
- Mix well.
- Ladle into clean, hot sterile jars and seal.
- Process in a boiling water bath for 10 minutes for pints.
I have to revise my review of this. I gave a jar to my FIL and he loves it!!! He finished off the 1/2 pint jar in a week by himself!!He said it was the best jelly he's had!!This is very sweet. More like a jelly than a butter.I only needed 6 bananas-I guess my bananas were bigger.I didn't add the cherries.It was very easy to make. It made 8 1/2 pints jars.Use a big pot b/c it foamed up quite a bit. I had to take it off of the heat a couple of times to let it bubble down.You might want to puree the bananas-I just mashed them. It has more of a chunkier texture just mashing them.Very popular here. My FIL raves about it all of the time!
absolutely wonderful!! my dad and brother loved it, as well as the rest of us!(i did leave the cherries out).it is a "keeper" recipe for sure!!
This is great! I love bananas, and it's so hard to find a recipe like this. If you like bananas try this one! I had some on a peanut butter sandwich, and it was sooo good! Looks kind of like baby food when it is done. I was afraid the cherries would be too much, but it it just enough. I wouldn't change a thing. Very easy preperation as well.