Recipe by Ppaperdoll
I clipped this from a supermarket cookbook a while back, and I don't know which brand it was. The recipe was submitted by a Nancy slover, from Federal Way Washington. Thanks Nancy, this is a real hit at my son's school's bake sale! If serving at the bake sale, I leave out the nuts, but for home baking, I put them in.
- 3 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup margarine
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 eggs
- 2 1⁄2 cups mashed ripe bananas (about 5 medium)
- 1 cup chopped nuts (optional)
- powdered sugar, to dust
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F. Grease a 12 cup bundt cake pan with shortening and lightly flour.
- Beat all ingredients except bananas, nuts and powdered sugar in a large bowl with an electric mixer on low speed, scraping bowl occasionally until all is blended.
- Beat in bananas on medium speed 2 minutes. Stir in nuts.
- Pour batter into greased pan and bake 50-60 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes on wire rack, remove from pan to wire rack.
- Let cool completely and dust with icing sugar to serve.