Prep 4 hrs
Cook 0 mins
This is my favorite punch recipe, from an issue of Taste of Home magazine. We have enjoyed it on special occasions for the last 8 years because it's so tangy and refreshing just as punch should be. But, I will often freeze half of the punch base separately and keep it in the freezer for a family breakfast or a hot summer day. The first 5 ingredients make 3 quarts of frozen base. The final two ingredients are for serving.
- 6 medium ripe bananas
- 1 (12 ounce) can frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 1 (6 ounce) can frozen lemonade concentrate, thawed
- 3 cups water, divided in half
- 2 cups sugar, divided in half
- 1 (46 ounce) can pineapple juice
- 3 (2 liter) bottles carbonated lemon-lime beverage
- orange slice (optional)
- In a blender or food processor, blend bananas, orange juice and lemonade until smooth.
- Remove half of the mixture and set aside.
- Add 1-1/2 cups of warm water and 1 cup of sugar to remaining mixture in blender; blend until smooth.
- Place in a large freezer container.
- Repeat with remaining banana mixture, water and sugar; add to container.
- Cover and freeze until solid.
- One hour before serving, take punch base out of freezer.
- Just before serving, place in a large punch bowl.
- Add pineapple juice and soda; stir until well blended.
- Garnish with orange slices if desired.
I also have been making this for the last 8 years. It is wonderful. It is often requested recipe among my friends.