I use this recipe a lot with over ripened bananas. I got it out of an electric cooperative newsletter years ago. If I have overripened bananas, I stick them skin and all in the freezer. When I want to make this, I take them out and defrost them in the microwave. (Per reviewers suggestions, I have doubled the topping ingredients)
- Heat oven to 350 and grease 13x9 pan.
- Combine Bisquick, 3/4 cup brown sugar, and cinnamon.
- Add bananas, milk, egg, and oil. Mix well.
- Spread into prepared pan. Combine nuts, 1/2 cup brown sugar, and butter. Sprinkle evenly over batter. (small clumps).
- Bake 30 minutes or until golden brown and toothpick stuck in center comes out clean.
- Cool and enjoy!
This was a great recipe, very tasty! My family really enjoyed it for dessert and then again the next day for breakfast. There was no "bisquick" after taste, either. Very easy. I doubled the topping as suggested and am glad that I did. There would not have been enough otherwise!
This is so good! My husband said it's even better than my banana bread recipe! I did as others suggested and doubled the topping and it was so good! I used walnuts as I think walnuts go with bananas. I also used the Splenda Brown Sugar blend for the sugar in the topping just to cut down on the sugar a bit and you couldn't even tell! YUM! I could eat the whole pan!
Got Bananas? Make this cake. I whipped this out with little effort after a 10 hour work day. Next time I will double the topping as other reviews suggested. Who doesn't love a little extra streusel? I didn't have enough nuts or butter to do it this time. Thanks SweetsLady!