Recipe by bananabreadeater
Got these from recipegoldmine.com. They are fabulous great with a nice glass of milk.
Top Review by Sydney Mike
An interesting & satisfying combo of flavors, & with the use of nicely ripe bananas, that flavor came through! I'm a chocoholic, though, so almost anything with chocolate in it will suit my fancy! Thanks for posting the recipe! [Made & reviewed for one of my adoptees in this Spring's round of Pick A Chef]
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 12 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup margarine, divided
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 3 cups pureed bananas
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix well flour, salt, cinnamon, baking powder, and baking soda. Set aside.
- Place chocolate chips and 1/2 cup margarine in top of double boiler over hot water; stir until melted and smooth. Remove from heat; cool.
- In medium bowl cream remaining 1/2 cup margarine and the sugar until light; beat in eggs, milk and bananas. Stir in flour mixture until well blended. Stir in chocolate, leaving mixture slightly marbleized. Turn into greased 13 x 9-inch baking pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 25 to 30 minutes or until sides just begin to pull away from pan. Cool in pan on rack. Cut into bars.