These came from the Golden Book of Chocolate, published by apple. Unlike other brownie recipes these aren't extremely sweet, but still have a strong flavour of banana and cocoa. They have a good consistency, not too heavy so are very easy to snack on. I make them in bite-sized muffin cases because they're great for packed lunches.
- Pre-heat the oven to 325F or 170C.
- Mix the flour, cocoa, baking powder
- Melt the chocolate with the butter and sugar.
- Stir the pecans, eggs and bananas into the chocolate mix.
- Add the dry flour mix.
- Mix together and then put into a baking pan.
- Bake until dry ontop- about 25mins if the brownies are 2 inches thick.
This was fabulous! It had the texture of banana cake but still tasted like a brownies. I skipped the nuts and changed it to regular chocolate and used dark chocolate cocoa powder because that is what I had. I was really surprised that these didn't need salt but they still turned out great.