Recipe by Manami
From Half-Baked Gourmet: Desserts by Tamara Holt. We used sugar substitute and it was very good -- could be served with a dollop of low-fat sour cream sweetened with a sugar substitute, vanilla ice cream, yogurt or fat-free topping.
- 15 gingersnap cookies
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄4 cup chopped crystallized ginger
- 6 bananas, peeled and halved lengthwise
- 2 tablespoons sugar or 2 tablespoons sugar substitute
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 400ºF.
- Process gingersnaps to make 1 cup crumbs.
- Mix with melted butter and chopped crystallized ginger.
- Sprinkle half the crumbs into a 9" glass pie plate.
- Arrange bananas on top of crumbs and sprinkle with sugar and lemon juice and remaining crumbs.
- Bake until golden, 20-25 minutes.
- Serve warm.