Prep 2 hrs
Cook 0 mins
From an old recipe file..uses Eagle Brand milk
NO BAKE CRUST
- 1⁄3 cup margarine, softened
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup corn flake crumbs
NO COOK FILLING
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1⁄3 cup lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 medium bananas, sliced
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- To prepare the pie crust:.
- Melt margarine, sugar and cinnamon in small saucepan.
- Place over low heat, stirring constantly, until bubbles form around the edges of pan.remove from heat.
- Add corn flake crumbs.mix well.
- Press mixture evenly in 9" pie pan to form crust.chill.
- TO PREPARE FILLING:.
- Beat the cream cheese until light and fluffy.
- Add sweetened condensed milk; blend thoroughly.
- Add 1/3 cup lemon juice and vanilla, stir till thickened.
- Slice 3 bananas, line crust with banana slices (dip bananas into 2 tbsp lemon juice to prevent browning.
- Cut fourth banana into thin slices. Dip in remaining lemon juice. Garnish top of pie with banana slices.
- Chill 2-4 hours before serving.
Mmmm! This is a childhood favorite. The only thing i do differently is use graham crackers in my crust. I will have to try it with the cornflakes next time!
This recipe was suggested to me after I requested recipes to use up my extra bananas and I am so glad that I tried it. I used Special K cereal instead of cornflakes because I had that on hand and I used Miller's Taco Seasoning Mix for the sweetened condensed milk. his was a perfect recipe to serve to company!
Have made this pie many times. Wonderfully creamy summertime dessert...and very pretty as well. Glad you posted it.