Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
These part French toast, part panini sandwiches are cinnamon-scented.
Make and share this Banana Breakfast Sandwiches recipe from Food.com.
- Arrange banana slices in single layer on two slices of bread; top with remaining bread.
- In bowl, combine eggs, milk, vanilla, cinnamon and salt; whisk to blend.
- Soak each sandwich in egg mixture for a minute or two or until bread is saturated.
- Melt butter in skillet over medium heat.
- Place sandwiches in skillet; cook until bottoms are golden, 2-3 minutes.
- Flip sandwiches.
- Place pan on sandwiches to press; cook until crisp and golden, 2-3 minutes.
- Cut sandwiches into quarters.
- Serve warm with drizzle of honey and sprinkling of confectioners' sugar.
We're big on bananas (most often in our smoothies) & always have a nutty, whole grain bread around, so was able to follow this recipe right on down & we had a must unusual & delicious breakfast sandwich! Did use wild honey, but left off the powdered sugar! A great new item for the breakfast menu! Thanks for sharing it! [Tagged & made in Please Review My Recipe]