Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
I got this recipe out of my neighborhood Firehouse cookbook (submitted by Sandra Sheets). The bars can be frozen & eaten later.
- Cream the butter & sugar together then add the egg.
- Stir in the oats, bananas, salt, & cinnamon.
- Mix in the nuts & raisins (if using).
- Spread the mixture in a greased 9x13 pan then bake for 30-35 minutes on 350 degrees.
- Cool in the pan then cut into bars.
I made these last night. They came out really well. I doubled the recipe, with one minor change: I cut the raisins in half and used some dried goji berries I've been trying to use up. I used 5 frozen (and thawed) bananas that I had. They were just sweet enough. Will definitely make again.
These are yummy and not too sweet which is good. DD (todder) loves them and why not they are tasty. I do taste the banana unlike another reviewer. I used old fashioned oats, walnuts and did not add the raisins per preference. I may make these again for DD. Made for Ramadan Tag 2010.
This made a very good breakfast bar. DD ate this up with no problem. They aren't very sweet so I topped mine with a dusting of powder sugar. MMMM I did reduce the butter to 1/2 cup and added applesauce to make up for it and to give it a bit more moisture. I squeezed in a bit of agave sweetener too.