Recipe by Nasseh
I got this recipe out of my neighborhood Firehouse cookbook (submitted by Sandra Sheets). The bars can be frozen & eaten later.
Top Review by Miniaturemom
I made these last night. They came out really well. I doubled the recipe, with one minor change: I cut the raisins in half and used some dried goji berries I've been trying to use up. I used 5 frozen (and thawed) bananas that I had. They were just sweet enough. Will definitely make again.
- 3⁄4 cup sweet unsalted butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 4 cups quick oats
- 2 -3 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts or 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
- 1⁄2 cup golden raisin
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream the butter & sugar together then add the egg.
- Stir in the oats, bananas, salt, & cinnamon.
- Mix in the nuts & raisins (if using).
- Spread the mixture in a greased 9x13 pan then bake for 30-35 minutes on 350 degrees.
- Cool in the pan then cut into bars.