Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
Delicious for breakfast or brunch, this moist bread is yummy toasted or like a cake!
- 3 bananas
- 2 cups wholemeal self-rising flour
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon applesauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1⁄2 teaspoon banana flavoring
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 3 cups sultanas
- 1⁄3 cup dates
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- Mash bananas with fork, add lightly beaten egg, apple sauce and sugar.
- Gradually add flour, and other ingredients, mix to moist dough/ thick cake mix If not moist enough add some more apple sauce or a tbs of milk.
- Pour into greased 10 x 20cm loaf tin and cook for 40-50 minutes in a 180°C oven.
- Cool on wire rack and store in airtight container.