1/4 Photos of Banana Bread (Yeast Risen)
2 hrs 25 mins
I got this recipe sometime back from a Fleischmann's yeast package, and I have been making this bread ever since. If you enjoy working with yeast, then this is one that you should try, this bread is really good! Prep time includes rising time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 3/4 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 3/4 cup sugar, divided
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 tablespoons dry yeast
- 1/3 cup evaporated milk, undiluted
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/3 cup margarine or 1/3 cup butter
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 1 cup banana, mashed
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 1Set oven to 375 degrees.
- 2Grease 2 (8-1/2 x 4-1/2-inch) loaf pans.
- 3In a large bowl, mix together 1-1/4 cups flour, with 1/2 cup sugar, salt and undissolved yeast.
- 4Heat the evaporated milk, water and margarine OR butter to 120F-130F (the margarine need NOT melt).
- 5Add to dry ingredients; beat for 2 minutes at medium speed of mixer.
- 6Add in eggs, banana and 1 cup of flour; beat at high speed for 2 minutes.
- 7Stir in the chopped pecans, and enough remaining flour to make a stiff dough.
- 8Knead for 8-10 minutes.
- 9Set in a greased bowl; grease the top of dough lightly, cover bowl with plastic wrap; let rise until doubled in size (about 1 hour).
- 10Punch down dough; divide in half; shape into loaves.
- 11Place the dough into prepared baking loaf pans; cover, let rise until doubled, (about 1 hour).
- 12In the meantime, mix the remaining sugar and cinnamon.
- 13When the loaves are doubled in size, remove the plastic wrap, brush lightly with melted butter and top with the sugar mixture.
- 14Bake for 25-35 minutes.
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Banana Bread (Yeast Risen)
Serving Size: 1 (1343 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2026.4
- Calories from Fat 522
- Total Fat 58.0 g
- Saturated Fat 16.2 g
- Cholesterol 228.7 mg
- Sodium 1570.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 333.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 16.3 g
- Sugars 86.1 g
- Protein 47.1 g