Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
I worked with a few recipes until I came up with this one... It is a recipe that evolved into this. Its usually gobbled up pretty quick and last xmas I gave out loaves that were all the rave. I hope you'll try it and enjoy it also. It's not "low sugar" but rather "reduced sugar".
- 7 bananas
- 1 cup butter or 1 cup margarine
- 2 cups sugar (use splenda in place of sugar. I had to write sugar because recipezaar doesn't recognize splenda. Th)
- 4 eggs
- 3 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 cup walnuts (optional)
- 1. Preheat to 350. Mash up all the bananas with a potato masher or fork.
- 2. cream together butter and Splenda.
- 3. add creamed butter/splenda mixture to the bananas and add eggs.
- 4. Mix it all up well.
- 5. Gradually add in flour, salt and soda, stirring until well combined.
- 6. Mix in vanilla.
- 7. Pour into 2 greased and floured bread loaf pans.
- 8. Sprinkle the tops of each loaf with 1 tsp of sugar each.
- 9. Bake at 350 degrees for one hour.
- 10. Let cool. Remove. Serve!