1/1 Photo of Banana Bread With Coconut Rum
1 hr 10 mins
I created this recipe based on another recipe I saw on 'Zaar. I'm trying to stay away from refined sugar and white flour. I like to use unrefined coconut oil instead of butter in my baking, which also makes this bread a little healthier.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2Mix oil and sweeteners until creamed.
- 3Add the egg.
- 4Add Malibu and bananas and mix well.
- 5Mix flour, soda, and salt together.
- 6Add the dry ingredients to the wet mixture, and mix only until moistened.
- 7Pour batter into a greased loaf pan. Spread evenly.
- 8Bake for 1 hour, until a tester (toothpick or thin knife blade) comes out clean. After cooling for 10 min, remove from pan and cool on a rack.
- 9*A note on Xylitol: Xylitol is a great option for people who want to cut calories (it has 40% less calories than sugar). It is not an artificial sweetener; it is what gives berries their sweet taste. It doesn't cause a "sugar rush." It also helps fight calories. Xylitol may be used as a 1:1 substitute for sugar. However, Xylitol is EXTREMELY TOXIC FOR YOUR PETS, so please do not share Xylitol treats with your furry friends.
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Banana Bread With Coconut Rum
Serving Size: 1 (80 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 211.9
- Calories from Fat 72
- Total Fat 8.0 g
- Saturated Fat 6.2 g
- Cholesterol 26.4 mg
- Sodium 391.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.4 g
- Sugars 3.7 g
- Protein 5.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
xylitol sugar substitute