Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
I created this recipe based on another recipe I saw on 'Zaar. I'm trying to stay away from refined sugar and white flour. I like to use unrefined coconut oil instead of butter in my baking, which also makes this bread a little healthier.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Mix oil and sweeteners until creamed.
- Add the egg.
- Add Malibu and bananas and mix well.
- Mix flour, soda, and salt together.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet mixture, and mix only until moistened.
- Pour batter into a greased loaf pan. Spread evenly.
- Bake for 1 hour, until a tester (toothpick or thin knife blade) comes out clean. After cooling for 10 min, remove from pan and cool on a rack.
- *A note on Xylitol: Xylitol is a great option for people who want to cut calories (it has 40% less calories than sugar). It is not an artificial sweetener; it is what gives berries their sweet taste. It doesn't cause a "sugar rush." It also helps fight calories. Xylitol may be used as a 1:1 substitute for sugar. However, Xylitol is EXTREMELY TOXIC FOR YOUR PETS, so please do not share Xylitol treats with your furry friends.