Moist and delicious, this banana bread is unlike all the others. Everyone will wonder what your secret ingredient is !!
- Beat the margarine and brown sugar together until fluffy.
- Add the egg, beating until smooth.
- Stir in the mashed bananas and rum.
- In a large mixing bowl, stir the flour, salt and baking soda together.
- Gradually stir the egg mixture into the dry ingredients, stirring until the batter is moistened and blended.
- Spray a loaf pan with cooking spray.
- Spoon the batter into the loaf pan, spreading the top until smooth.
- Bake at 350 for one hour.
- Place loaf pan on cooling rack for 10 min's then remove loaf and continue to cool to room temperature.
- Banana bread is always better the day after it is made.
- Store in a loose plastic bag, loaves do not like to be in sealed bags.