Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 5 mins
Bon Appétit, February 2000
Make and share this Banana Bread With Chocolate Chips and Walnuts recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3⁄4 cup walnuts, toasted and chopped
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup banana, mashed
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°F Butter and flour 9x5x2 1/2-inch metal loaf pan. Whisk first 4 ingredients in medium bowl to blend. Combine chocolate chips and walnuts in small bowl; add 1 tablespoon flour mixture and toss to coat.
- Beat butter in large bowl until fluffy. Gradually add sugar, beating until well blended. Beat in eggs 1 at a time. Beat in mashed bananas, lemon juice and vanilla extract. Beat in flour mixture. Spoon 1/3 of batter into prepared pan. Sprinkle with half of nut mixture. Spoon 1/3 of batter over. Sprinkle with remaining nut mixture. Cover with remaining batter. Run knife through batter in zigzag pattern.
- Bake bread until tester inserted into center comes out clean, about 1 hour 5 minutes. Turn out onto rack and cool.