Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
- 3 ripe bananas (the size doesn't much matter, medium to large works)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Butter or spray an 8-inch square pan.
- In a medium mixing bowl, mash the bananas well with a fork or potato masher. Add the eggs, and stir well to combine. Add the flour, sugar, baking soda, cinnamon, and vanilla, and stir to mix. Add 3/4 cup of the chocolate chips, and stir briefly. Pour the batter into the prepared pan, and set aside.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Let cool in the pan on a wire rack for at least 15 minutes before serving.