Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 10 mins
If you are out of cauliflower puree, add one more banana.
Make and share this Banana Bread (With Cauliflower) recipe from Food.com.
- 3⁄4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup light brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup canola oil
- 2 large egg whites
- 1 1⁄2 cups bananas, puree
- 1⁄2 cup cauliflower, puree
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350°F Coat a 9X5 inch loaf pan, or 2 mini pans, with cooking spray.
- In a bowl or a zipper lock bag, mix the flours with the baking soda, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon, if using. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix the sugar and oil with a wooden spoon until well combined. Mix in the egg whites, banana and cauliflower purees, and vanilla. Add the flour mixture and mix just until combined.
- Pour the batter into the loaf pan. Bake until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, 55 to 60 minutes for the larger loaf, 25 to 30 minutes for the mini loaves. Let cool on a rack for 5 minutes, then turn the bread out of the pan to cool before serving.
I agree it's good, but it's not the best I've ever had. I used an extra 1/2 cup of banana instead of the cauliflower puree. Mine also was very moist and didn't look cooked even after over an hour in the oven, so that must be how it turns out. Sent it to school with my preschooler and the kids all liked it. Thanks for posting.
Very interesting banana bread recipe. I used the cauliflower and you couldn't tell. This was very very moist and never looked quite done, but tasted good. Thanks.