Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
This recipe was found in "Cuisines of Portuguese Encounters". I haven't made it yet.
- 1⁄2 cup butter (or margarine)
- 1 1⁄3 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup mashed banana (about 2)
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1⁄2 cup chopped cashews
- Preheat oven to 350. In a medium bowl, beat butter till creamy. Add the sugar 1/3 cup at a time, beating after each addition. Add eggs, one at a time, continuing to beat. Mix in the vanilla and bananas.
- Sift together flour, baking powder and soda, and salt. Add creamy mixture, a little at a time, alternating with milk. Fold in chopped cashews. If you overbeat this, you will end up with tough bread.
- Butter and flour a large loaf pan. Pour in batter. Bake 1 hr or until tests clean with a toothpick.
Made this for a pot luck at work. It was a hit. People that did not care for banana bread went back for seconds. I put the loaf out in the morning and it did not make it to lunch.
Very Very Easy, pretty fattening but very moist and yummy according to DS and DH!!
Awesome...added a hint of cinnamon and it was tasty. will make again