Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
Grandma's recipe handed down over the years, with 1 minor alteration! Stranded without a car, a toddler under foot and half way through the recipe I realized I was out of the margarine the recipe called for..."Oh bother," what to do? Well, there was always peanut butter in the house, and with nothing to lose at that point, I SUBSTITUTED! The end result was this recipe.
- Grease 2 loaf pans.
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Mash 2 bananas with 1 teaspoon baking soda.
- Slightly beat 2 eggs, add sugar and peanut butter, mixing well.
- Mix in the banana mixture and the flour, combining well.
- Pour into prepared pans.
- Bake 40-50 minutes (check at 4 minutes with toothpick and adjust baking time if still "gummy").
- Cool 10 minutes, then remove from pans and finish cooling on wire racks.
- Freezes well.
It was very easy and quick to make, but we did not care for the taste. We prefer the bread made with shortening.
This was so simple to make and tastes very good. Of course, anything with peanut butter has to be good.
Quick and easy, the peanut butter gives it a lovely flavour. My husband asked if he could pleeeease have a couple big slices to take to work..lol Thanks for posting!