Recipe by Iron Bloomers
Grandma's recipe handed down over the years, with 1 minor alteration! Stranded without a car, a toddler under foot and half way through the recipe I realized I was out of the margarine the recipe called for..."Oh bother," what to do? Well, there was always peanut butter in the house, and with nothing to lose at that point, I SUBSTITUTED! The end result was this recipe.
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour (plain)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup peanut butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Grease 2 loaf pans.
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Mash 2 bananas with 1 teaspoon baking soda.
- Slightly beat 2 eggs, add sugar and peanut butter, mixing well.
- Mix in the banana mixture and the flour, combining well.
- Pour into prepared pans.
- Bake 40-50 minutes (check at 4 minutes with toothpick and adjust baking time if still "gummy").
- Cool 10 minutes, then remove from pans and finish cooling on wire racks.
- Freezes well.