Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
I've been searching for new ways to cook with Chia seeds...I came across a chia "dessert" bread recipe and decided to play. It's in the oven now, and smells delicious!
- 3 tablespoons butter (melted)
- 1⁄3 cup light brown sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 3 bananas (very ripe with brown spots)
- 1 1⁄4 cups whole wheat flour
- 1⁄3 cup chia seeds
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup nutella (chocolate hazelnut spread)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine first five ingredients one at a time into an electric mixer.
- In a mixing bowl, mix together the flour, chia, salt, baking powder & soda.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients to the electric mixer.
- Place one cup of batter into bowl, and pour remaining batter into lightly greased 9"x5" loaf pan.
- Add nutella to the one cup of batter, mixing well.
- Add nutella batter to loaf pan. (I used a butter knife to swirl the layers together gently.).
- Bake for 35-40 minutes or until toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Let cool for 10 minutes and turn onto a wire cooling rack.