1/2 Photos of Banana Bread W/Nutella and Chia Seeds
I've been searching for new ways to cook with Chia seeds...I came across a chia "dessert" bread recipe and decided to play. It's in the oven now, and smells delicious!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 tablespoons butter (melted)
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 3 bananas (very ripe with brown spots)
- 1 1/4 cups whole wheat flour
- 1/3 cup chia seeds
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup nutella (chocolate hazelnut spread)
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Combine first five ingredients one at a time into an electric mixer.
- 3In a mixing bowl, mix together the flour, chia, salt, baking powder & soda.
- 4Slowly add the dry ingredients to the electric mixer.
- 5Place one cup of batter into bowl, and pour remaining batter into lightly greased 9"x5" loaf pan.
- 6Add nutella to the one cup of batter, mixing well.
- 7Add nutella batter to loaf pan. (I used a butter knife to swirl the layers together gently.).
- 8Bake for 35-40 minutes or until toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- 9Let cool for 10 minutes and turn onto a wire cooling rack.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Banana Bread W/Nutella and Chia Seeds
Serving Size: 1 (95 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 277.2
- Calories from Fat 103
- Total Fat 11.5 g
- Saturated Fat 8.9 g
- Cholesterol 46.3 mg
- Sodium 321.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 40.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.7 g
- Sugars 23.6 g
- Protein 4.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: