Recipe by Teresa Fadley
The chocolate chips really compliment the banana flavor. After trying numerous banana bread recipes, this is the first one that never gets thrown out! Very moist!
Top Review by Titanium Chef
Just incredible bread. I might have to make a trip to the store just to get some overripe bananas, just to make this again. Both loaves came out of the oven yesterday afternoon and there's one slice left. VERY easy to make, very moist, and a great flavor. Thanks for posting the recipe!
- 2 cups sugar
- 1⁄2 cup shortening
- 1 dash salt
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups flour
- 4 ripe bananas
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3⁄4 cup chopped nuts
- 2 -4 ounces chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix the sugar, shortening, egg and banana together.
- Put the flour, salt and baking soda in a smaller bowl.
- Stir slightly.
- Combine with banana mixture.
- Stir in nuts, and chocolate chips.
- Pour into two greased and floured loaf pans.
- Bake at 350°F for 35 minutes or until bread springs back.
- I have also added crushed pineapple for a change.