Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
The chocolate chips really compliment the banana flavor. After trying numerous banana bread recipes, this is the first one that never gets thrown out! Very moist!
- Mix the sugar, shortening, egg and banana together.
- Put the flour, salt and baking soda in a smaller bowl.
- Stir slightly.
- Combine with banana mixture.
- Stir in nuts, and chocolate chips.
- Pour into two greased and floured loaf pans.
- Bake at 350°F for 35 minutes or until bread springs back.
- I have also added crushed pineapple for a change.
Just incredible bread. I might have to make a trip to the store just to get some overripe bananas, just to make this again. Both loaves came out of the oven yesterday afternoon and there's one slice left. VERY easy to make, very moist, and a great flavor. Thanks for posting the recipe!
This bread is really good and moist, but BEWARE..do not try to put more chocolate chips than the recipe calls for. The chocolate melts, making the bread fall apart easily. Also, flour the pan well before pouring batter in and when bread is done, let it cool completely before taking it from pan. All in all, I will make this one again!
This was FANTASTIC! I actually cut the recipe in half because I didn't have enough bananas left; boy do I wish I'd made 2 loaves! I'm going shopping for bananas today!! This bread was very moist, and not as dense as alot of banana breads I've tried...the flavor combination of chocolate and bananas was SOOOO good! The only problem I had was that after 35 minutes, the middle was still very jiggly, so I baked for an extra 10 minutes and it was PERFECT!