Recipe by Susan Rainer
Original is here: http://www.grouprecipes.com/8093/banana-bread.html I have "vegan-ized" it to suit my needs. This is LOVED by my carnivore family members! It goes here because I can't read the print-out anymore...LOL.
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup banana, mashed (2-3 VERY ripe ones!)
- 1⁄2 cup butter (I use Earth Balance Buttery Sticks) or 1⁄2 cup margarine, softened (I use Earth Balance Buttery Sticks)
- 1⁄4 cup milk (I use Silk Soy)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (I use almond)
- 2 egg substitute (2 tbsp Flax Seed Meal and 6 tbsp warm water ( DO THIS FIRST while you gather other ingredients, whis)
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 cup nuts, chopped (optional, just the FSM egg replacer is good for nutty taste) (optional)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350F/180°C.
- Spray bread pan with cooking spray. I use a mini-loaf pan and put 1-2 drops of canola oil in each loaf and spread with my fingers.
- Mix First 6 ingredients together. I use my Food Processor - cuts down on time.
- Beat 1 minute on medium speed (I pulse my FP) until all are well blended.
- Stir in remaining ingredients on high speed until moist and completely mixed.
- Bake for 50 - 60 minutes -- depending on oven. Mini-loaves are done in 35-40 minutes.
- When toothpick comes out clean, it is ready!
- Enjoy warm or not. Butter/margarine slathered on is YUMMY!