Recipe by Susan Rainer
The original recipe is here: http://www.grouprecipes.com/8093/banana-bread.html The only change I have made was make it Vegan. my family (me being the only Vegan) LOVES this Banana Bread!
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup banana, mashed (2-3 VERY ripe!)
- 1⁄2 cup butter (I use Earth Balance buttery stick) or 1⁄2 cup margarine, softened (I use Earth Balance buttery stick)
- 1⁄4 cup soymilk
- 1 teaspoon extract (I use coconut)
- 2 tablespoons flax seed meal
- 6 tablespoons warm water
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 deg F.
- Grease (I use canola oil) bread pan (I use mini-loaves).
- Whisk together warm water and Flax seed meal. This replaces 2 eggs with the added nutty flavor (I don't like the nut texture). Let sit until slightly jelled, usually about 5 minutes.
- Mix together first 5 ingredients and "egg" mixture. Beat 1 minute on medium speed until all ingredients are well blended.
- Stir in remaining ingredients on high speed until moist and completely mixed.
- Bake for 50 - 60 minutes - depending on oven. If using mini-loaves bake for 35-40 minutes. Will make approximately 7 mini-loaves.
- Enjoy warm or not!