1/2 Photos of Banana Bread - Sugar Free
1 hr 5 mins
Chef #1395168's Note:
You can also find this recipe on my blog: http://ruralhousewife.blogspot.com/2010/07/banana-bread-sugar-free.html
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour, plus more for dusting the pan
- 1 1/4 cups walnuts, chopped coarse
- 1 cup sugar substitute, like splenda (if you want it non SF than add 3/4 cup sugar instead of Splenda)
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 bananas, very ripe, soft, darkly speckled large bananas, mashed well (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 2 large eggs, beaten lightly
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1Adjust an oven rack to the lower-middle position and heat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) degrees. Grease the bottom and sides of a 9 by 5-inch loaf pan; dust with flour, tapping out the excess.
- 2Spread the walnuts on a baking sheet and toast until fragrant, 5 to 10 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- 3Whisk the flour, sugar, baking soda, salt, and walnuts together in a large bowl; set aside.
- 4Mix the mashed bananas, yogurt, eggs, butter, and vanilla with a wooden spoon in a medium bowl. Lightly fold the banana mixture into the dry ingredients with a rubber spatula until just combined and the batter looks thick and chunky. Scrape the batter into the prepared loaf pan.
- 5Bake until the loaf is golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 55 minutes. Cool in the pan for 5 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack. Serve warm or at room temperature. (The bread can be wrapped with plastic wrap and stored at room temperature for up to 3 days.).
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Banana Bread - Sugar Free
Serving Size: 1 (99 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 347.8
- Calories from Fat 185
- Total Fat 20.5 g
- Saturated Fat 8.3 g
- Cholesterol 65.7 mg
- Sodium 189.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 15.4 g
- Protein 5.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: