Recipe by Ladyceres
I invented this one night when I was bored. If you're single like I am, you always need to do something with that last banana or the last few slices of bread before they go bad. This is the perfect delicious solution!
Top Review by Judielise
I had two bananas so I doubled this recipe. Wonderful! The taste of the bananas was sweet and strong, but since I like bananas, it was heavenly. This bread pudding was perfect, since I was out of milk at the time and just wanted to use up the bananas before they went bad. I did embellish a little. I used a mix of brown and white sugar, golden raisins instead of chips or nuts and sprinkled the top with allspice and cinnamon. I ate it warm with nothing on top, but it would be just as good with whipped cream or a sauce or ice cream. Anyway, thank you for a quick dessert or snack. I had to share it with my sister...this time!
- 1 egg (beaten)
- 1⁄8 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter (melted)
- 1 banana (over-ripe)
- 1⁄4 cup chocolate chips or 1⁄4 cup chopped nuts (whatever you prefer!)
- 2 slices bread (slightly stale)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small bowl, beat egg.
- Add sugar and butter, and mix until smooth.
- Add banana, and mash with a fork or potato masher.
- Batter will be lumpy.
- Add chips, nuts, etc.
- Tear bread into small pieces and add to mixture.
- Stir until bread is coated with the batter.
- Pour into smallest baking pan you have.
- (I used a 6 1/2 inch cast iron skillet.) Bake at 375 degrees for 15 minutes.
- (Remember to adjust cooking time depending on the size of the pan.).