Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
I invented this one night when I was bored. If you're single like I am, you always need to do something with that last banana or the last few slices of bread before they go bad. This is the perfect delicious solution!
- In a small bowl, beat egg.
- Add sugar and butter, and mix until smooth.
- Add banana, and mash with a fork or potato masher.
- Batter will be lumpy.
- Add chips, nuts, etc.
- Tear bread into small pieces and add to mixture.
- Stir until bread is coated with the batter.
- Pour into smallest baking pan you have.
- (I used a 6 1/2 inch cast iron skillet.) Bake at 375 degrees for 15 minutes.
- (Remember to adjust cooking time depending on the size of the pan.).
I had two bananas so I doubled this recipe. Wonderful! The taste of the bananas was sweet and strong, but since I like bananas, it was heavenly. This bread pudding was perfect, since I was out of milk at the time and just wanted to use up the bananas before they went bad. I did embellish a little. I used a mix of brown and white sugar, golden raisins instead of chips or nuts and sprinkled the top with allspice and cinnamon. I ate it warm with nothing on top, but it would be just as good with whipped cream or a sauce or ice cream. Anyway, thank you for a quick dessert or snack. I had to share it with my sister...this time!
Loved this! Quick and easy. Chocolate chips got all melty and I ate it straight out of the oven. Delicious!
I gave this 5 stars as it is so simple to make yet so very tasty!!!!!! I used wholewheat bread and you would never know! If I was served this I would think it took much longer to make than it did! Was a nice alternative to use over-ripe bananas up!