Prep 1 hr
Cook 1 hr 10 mins
I am amazed at how many different types of bread pudding there are. This one is wonderful. Prep time includes soaking the bread. This recipe is from Woods Hole B&B Inn, Falmouth, Massachusetts.
- 1 loaf day-old French bread, cubed,with crust on
- 946.0 ml milk (whole or 2%)
- 3 eggs
- 236.59 ml sugar
- 29.58 ml vanilla extract
- 4 ripe bananas, mashed
- 236.59 ml raisins
- 4.92 ml nutmeg, freshly grated,if possible
- 4.92 ml cinnamon
- 0.25 ml of myer rum (optional)
- whipped cream
- Put cubed bread in a large bowl with milk, let stand for 1 hour.
- Pre-heat oven to 325ºF.
- Spray 9" X 13" baking dish.
- In another bowl, beat together eggs, sugar and vanilla.
- Stir this mixture into the bread mixture.
- Fold in the mashed bananas, spices and raisins.
- Pour evenly into baking dish.
- Place uncovered in center of oven and bake 1 hour and 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cool to room temperature.
- Serve with a splash of rum and whipped cream, if desired.
This is one of best bread pudding I have ever tasted. This is definitely a keeper. Thanks Miss Annie!
Very good! I used multi-grain bread instead of french and half Splenda/half sugar and it turned out delicious. Thanks for the recipe.
This is delicious and smells great. My first bread pudding and I will stick with the recipe. It's rare I don't change something but I like it. Thank you.