Recipe by Miss Annie
I am amazed at how many different types of bread pudding there are. This one is wonderful. Prep time includes soaking the bread. This recipe is from Woods Hole B&B Inn, Falmouth, Massachusetts.
- 1 loaf day-old French bread, cubed,with crust on
- 1 quart milk (whole or 2%)
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 4 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg, freshly grated,if possible
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 dash of myer rum (optional)
- whipped cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Put cubed bread in a large bowl with milk, let stand for 1 hour.
- Pre-heat oven to 325ºF.
- Spray 9" X 13" baking dish.
- In another bowl, beat together eggs, sugar and vanilla.
- Stir this mixture into the bread mixture.
- Fold in the mashed bananas, spices and raisins.
- Pour evenly into baking dish.
- Place uncovered in center of oven and bake 1 hour and 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cool to room temperature.
- Serve with a splash of rum and whipped cream, if desired.