Recipe by Ocean~Ivy
Oh my goodness! What a recipe. I really don't know what to say, except incredible!
Top Review by woozywoo
I threw this together as a treat for some last-minute guests. Simple ingredients, divine results! I had to sub some almond milk for part of the milk, and I'd say to be careful with adding extra sugar. I did, and next time I will stick to the recipe to suit my tastes.
- 4 cups day old bread, cubed
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup banana, sliced 1/2 inch thick
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup light corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Place bread cubes into greased 2-quart casserole; pour butter over and toss to coat.
- In medium bowl, lightly beat eggs. Add the milk, sugar, vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt.
- Stir in the bananas. Pour over bread and stir to coat.
- Bake uncovered for 40 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean.
- While baking, melt butter in a small saucepan. Combine sugar and cornstarch; add to butter.
- Stir in milk and corn syrup. Cook, stirring, over medium heat until mixture comes to a full boil.
- Boil 1 minute then remove from heat; stir in vanilla.
- Serve warm over warm pudding.