Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
I haven't personally tried this, it's in response to a request. It's from the Pillsbury Complete Cookbook, 2000.
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup margarine or 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup mashed ripe banana (2 medium)
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup chopped nuts (optional)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- Heat oven to 350°F; grease bottom only of 9 x 5 or 8 x 4 inch loaf pan.
- In a large bowl, combine the sugar and margarine, and beat until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs and beat well, then add the bananas, milk and vanilla--blending well.
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, nuts (if using), baking soda and salt--mix well.
- Add to the banana mixture, and stir just until dry ingredients are moistened.
- Pour into the prepared pan.
- Bake at 350°F for 50-60 minutes or until tester inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool 5 minutes, then remove from pan.
- Wrap and store in refrigerator.
Great recipe, thanks.
I am so excited to have found the Recipezaar site! I lost this page from my cookbook and haven't been able to make Banana bread in months. I can't wait to make it today!!! Thank You!!
This is my favorite banana bread recipe! I have used it for years and always have perfect results. I do add about 1/4 cup of vegetable oil to the batter as well. Thanks for posting this, L! :)