- 2 cups bread flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1⁄3 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2⁄3 cup buttermilk (a little additional if batter is too thick)
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1⁄4 cup walnuts, chopped (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking soda, salt, brown sugar, white sugar and cinnamon and stir to evenly combine dry ingredients.
- Add buttermilk and vanilla to dry ingredients and stir until combined.
- Add in mashed bananas and mix to evenly incorporate.
- Add butter and stir until smooth. If consistency is too thick you can mix in a little more buttermilk to thin up the batter.
- Heat griddle to medium heat.
- Spray griddle (or skillet) with cooking spray and pour pancakes onto griddle (about 1/4-1/3 cup). Cook about 2 minutes or until pancake starts to bubble, then flip to other side and cook until other side is golden (about 2 more minutes).