Recipe by internetnut
This recipe came from the Sunday newspaper coupons. My family loves these pancakes. I serve them with Maple Praline Syrup. I like to double the banana mix, make big pancakes and top the pancakes with 6 slices of bananas. I have mixed these in my Kitchen Aid Mixer with no difference in batter results. I have halved the recipe with no problems. I've also froze the pancakes before and thawed and warm them in the microwave.
Top Review by LainieBug
Delicious pancakes with a wonderful banana flavor. I used Krusteaz Buttermilk Complete Pancake Mix. Loved the pecans and warm syrup on the top. I halved the recipe and using a 1/4 cup measure, I got 5 pancakes. This is a very thick batter so I used the back of a small spoon to spread the batter out a little. Topped each pancake with 4 slices of the sugared banana. YUM!!
- 2 medium firm-ripe bananas, peeled, sliced
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 2 cups aunt jemima complete buttermilk pancake mix
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup mashed very ripe banana
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup aunt jemima syrup, warmed
- 1⁄2 cup coarsely chopped pecans
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine sliced bananas and sugar in small bowl;set aside.
- Combine pancake mix,water,mashed bananas and cinnamon in medium bowl;stir with wire whisk until large lumps disappear.
- For each pancake,pour 1/4 cup batter onto hot lightly greased griddle;top with 3 to 4 banana slices. Turn when bottoms are golden brown.
- Serve topped with warm aunt jemima syrup and pecans.