Prep 4 mins
Cook 5 mins
A healthy, yummy and very filling breakfast.
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1⁄8 teaspoon table salt
- 3⁄4 cup old-fashioned oatmeal
- 1 small banana, mashed
- 2 packets Splenda sugar substitute
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons sugar-free maple syrup
- Bring water and salt to a rapid boil in a sauce pan.
- Add oatmeal and bring back to a boil.
- Add banana, spice, Splenda.
- Turn down to medium and cook for 5 minutes, stirring often.
- Remove pan from heat, stir in maple syrup, cover and let sit about 3 minutes.
- Serve in a bowl with milk (if desired).
Very good! I used a 1/2 cup of rolled wheat flakes, omitted the maple syrup, and used 1 packet of Truvia to sweeten. Pretty yummy, I'll make this again!
This was amazing! I combined the oats, banana and water then cooked for 3.5 minutes in the microwave. I added the pumpkin pie spice, sugar-free syrup, and some cinnamon and stevia afterwards. It smelled great and tasted so good! I'll definitely make this again, thanks for the recipe.
Wow. One of the best oatmeal recipes ever. No changes, just reduced oatmeal to 1/2 cup like other reviewers. No comparision to any of the prepacked flavors. Thanks so much!