Recipe by ilovbaking
Tasty banana bread with no eggs or oil, using Splenda brown sugar blend and natural sugars from the banana. Remember to use ripened bananas for best results. Feel free to add chopped walnuts and/or dried cranberries for added texture. Orange zest with the cranberries adds great flavor. Enjoy!
Top Review by Sydney Mike
I pretty much followed the recipe on down, taking your hint & including a good portion of dried cranberries & orange zest (I do love that combo!) & it worked out well for me, & I did bake it for a full 70 minutes (actually a couple of minutes over that)! Loved the flavor & texture, & when I put a thin layer of sweet potato butter on a slice, it was outstanding! Thanks for sharing the recipe! [Made & reviewed for one of my adoptees in this fall's round of Pick A Chef]
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour, whole wheat
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄3 cup applesauce
- 3 medium bananas (mashed)
- 2⁄3 cup plain nonfat yogurt (vanilla adds flavor especially if you are out of vanilla extract)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 3⁄4 cup Splenda brown sugar blend
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- Grease/flour 9x5 loaf pan.
- Pre-heat oven to 350.
- Start with applesauce, add yogurt, bananas cut in slices, remaining ingredients, add flour last.
- Add chopped walnuts to the top if adding walnuts to the loaf.
- Bake for 60-70 min at 350 degrees or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Check at 60 minutes, time will vary with oven.
- Cool 10 minute.
- Remove from pan and cool on wire rack.