Recipe by augustaloomis
I just made these thought I would try something and it turned out good. Even my husband who doesn't have special dietary needs said they tasted good. Even if sugar isn't not a worry for you just swap out the Spenda for regular sugar. I was impressed with the almond flour, I added extra baking soda because all of the reading on almond flour said it does not raise well and my muffins did well.
Top Review by Kat.Slape
I make these often, it's a fantastic recipe! I substitute almond meal because I have so much left over from making almond milk. I also add about a cup of coarsely chopped pecans. And I don't use Splenda...so my version isn't exactly low carb. I just use organic sugar.<br/><br/>Highly recommend. Husband and baby both also love this.
- 8 ounces bananas
- 1 egg
- 3⁄4 cup Splenda granular
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup almond flour
Directions See How It's Made
- Mash banana add egg, Splenda, unsweetened applesauce, vanilla, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder, mix well.
- Add in almond flour 1/2 a cup at a time mix well then add the all purpose flour.
- Take muffin pan put in liners or spray with non stick spray spoon in 1/4 cup mixture into each muffin slot. Bake at 350°F for 25 to 30 minutes. Enjoy.