Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 5 mins
So yummy and easy. Everyone will love this delicious banana bread. Very versatile recipe. Can also make muffins.Perfect even without the nuts and chocolate chips.
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 cup margarine
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 cups mashed ripe bananas (4-6)
- 4 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup mini chocolate chip (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F Grease and flour pan (muffin or loaf pan).
- Stir and toss together flour, salt, baking soda, set aside.
- In a large bowl combine margarine, sugar, eggs and bananas until well blended.
- Add the combined dry ingredients until batter is thoroughly blended.
- Pour into loaf pan or muffin tins.Full recipe makes: 4 mini loaf pans ( 45 minutes).24 mini muffins (15-17 minutes)18 large muffins ( 25 minutes) 2 loaf pans ( 65-70 minutes)
- Muffins and bread will turn dark brown, Check center for doneness with a toothpick (should come out dry).
- Remove from oven, let cool for 5 minutes before inverting.
I just finished making this, it is so easy to make, and it tastes awesome. I got rave reviews from everyone in the house. I used 6 bananas when I made mine, and I didn't use the chocolate chips, but I did use the walnuts for one loaf.
This banana bread is sooo... good!!! I have made it three times already. I don't put the nuts or chocolate chips in though for allergy reasons and this is by far the best banana bread I have made without nuts!!! Thanx