Recipe by tearoseberry
So yummy and easy. Everyone will love this delicious banana bread. Very versatile recipe. Can also make muffins.Perfect even without the nuts and chocolate chips.
Top Review by Chef Dragon Neraye
I just finished making this, it is so easy to make, and it tastes awesome. I got rave reviews from everyone in the house. I used 6 bananas when I made mine, and I didn't use the chocolate chips, but I did use the walnuts for one loaf.
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 cup margarine
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 cups mashed ripe bananas (4-6)
- 4 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup mini chocolate chip (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F Grease and flour pan (muffin or loaf pan).
- Stir and toss together flour, salt, baking soda, set aside.
- In a large bowl combine margarine, sugar, eggs and bananas until well blended.
- Add the combined dry ingredients until batter is thoroughly blended.
- Pour into loaf pan or muffin tins.Full recipe makes: 4 mini loaf pans ( 45 minutes).24 mini muffins (15-17 minutes)18 large muffins ( 25 minutes) 2 loaf pans ( 65-70 minutes)
- Muffins and bread will turn dark brown, Check center for doneness with a toothpick (should come out dry).
- Remove from oven, let cool for 5 minutes before inverting.