Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
This recipe came from The All New Blue Ribbon Cookbook and it IS a winner!
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups mashed ripe bananas (3 medium or 2 large)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup buttermilk
- 1⁄2 cup sliced almonds
- 1⁄2 cup sliced almonds, for topping (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup raw sugar or 1⁄4 cup coarse sugar, for topping (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350º.
- Grease 18 muffin cups or coat with cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, stir together flour, soda and salt.
- In a medium bowl, beat butter and sugar together until fluffy.
- Add eggs, mashed banana and vanilla.
- Beat 2 minutes, until well blended.
- Add flour mixture alternately with the buttermilk, stirring after each addition.
- Fold in 1/2 cup sliced almonds.
- Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups, filling about three-fourths full.
- If desired, sprinkle tops with a few sliced almonds and raw sugar.
- Bake 20 minutes or until tops are slightly browned and a wooden pick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean.
Wonderful banana muffin recipe. I did use chopped walnuts because DH just simply does not like almonds. Great use for those too ripe bananas and very quick and easy to make. This made 18 large muffins for me.
Very tasty and simple to make. I left the almonds out and didn't sprinkle with sugar. Tastes just like banana bread.