Recipe by JustaQT
Oatmeal is highly absorptive, hypoallergenic, and helps to soften skin. Oats have the best amino acid balance of all the cereal grains (amino acids work as water-binding agents in skin care products). Oats have also been clinically shown to help heal dry, itchy skin. Oat grains and straw appear in shampoos, dusting powders, moisturizers, and cleansing bars and more. Bananas are eaten fresh and used in salads, desserts, breads, and candy. Bananas are a good source of ascorbic acid (Vit. C), Vitamin B 6 , and potassium.
- 1⁄2 really ripe mashed banana, moisturizing
- 2 tablespoons ground oats, soothing
- milk or cream, add as necessary,softening
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg, antiseptic
- 2 tablespoons whole wheat flour, antioxidant
Directions See How It's Made
- Whip ingredients together, adding cream or oat flour as necessary to get a smooth, paste-like consistency.
- Spread on clean face and leave for 5-10 minutes, then rinse thoroughly and pat dry.
- Storage: This recipe is perishable and should be used right away.