Recipe by MKA from Cincy
I started with the Flax Banana Bread recipe on the Red Mill site, then tweaked it a bit to remove fat and add some more whole grains. This is a hearty-tasting, moist and delicious banana bread that even my young kids enjoy!
- 177.44 ml white flour
- 177.44 ml whole wheat flour
- 177.44 ml ground flax seeds (sometimes called 'flax seed meal')
- 118.29 ml sugar
- 4.92 ml baking powder
- 4.92 ml baking soda
- 2.46 ml salt
- 2 eggs
- 78.07 ml plain nonfat yogurt
- 2-3 mashed bananas
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a 8-1/2 x 4-1/2-inch bread pan; set aside.
- Mix together dry ingredients (flour through salt) in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl, beat together eggs and yogurt.
- Add dry ingredients and mashed bananas alternately to wet ingredients, stirring until dry ingredients are completely incorporated and moist.
- Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake 55-60 minutes, or until golden and tester inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool for 15 minutes in pan; remove from pan and cool completely.