Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
Great quick bread to use over-ripe bananas
- 2 eggs
- 2⁄3 cup white sugar
- 2 very ripe bananas, mashed
- 1⁄4 cup applesauce
- 1⁄3 cup nonfat milk
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 3⁄4 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Spray a full size bread pan with non-stick cooking spray, and lightly dust with flour.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs and sugar in a large bowl until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes.
- Beat in bananas, applesauce, milk, oil and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Stir flour mixture into banana mixture, mixing just until blended.
- Fold in walnuts.
- Pour batter into prepared pan do not fill more than 1/2 full - if you are using smaller pans, be sure not to fill them more than 1/2 full or they will overflow while baking.
- Bake in preheated pan until golden and a toothpick inserted into center of the loaf comes out clean, about 1 hour.
- Turn bread out onto a wire rack and let cool.
Very good banana bread recipe. The bread was moist and had a lot of flavor. I always have overripe bananas on hand so I will be making this bread often. Thanks for the great recipe, sewingnancyl.