1/4 Photos of Banana Bread - Lightened up - Spelt & Vegan
1 hr 5 mins
magpie diner's Note:
Another adaptation from Vegan a Go Go. I changed this to spelt flour, just personal preference and a little more protein. I also halved the amount of oil and used some applesauce to save on some calories.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. In a small bowl mash up the bananas and then mix in the lemon juice, oil, applesauce, sugar and dates.
- 2In a larger bowl stir together the flour, oat bran, sea salt, baking powder and baking soda.
- 3Add the wet mixture to the dry and mix gently until "just" mixed.
- 4Spoon into a lightly oiled loaf pan and bake for 40-50 minutes (do the toothpick test to be sure).
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Banana Bread - Lightened up - Spelt & Vegan
Serving Size: 1 (71 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 155.9
- Calories from Fat 53
- Total Fat 5.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 199.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 19.0 g
- Protein 1.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: