1/1 Photo of Banana Bread in a Jar
Shirl (J) 831's Note:
This would be great given as a gift, Unique gift idea - banana bread baked in a jar. Banana bread baked and sealed in a jar will keep for about 1 year. The banana bread in a jar recipe makes 7 pint jars of banana bread.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preparation: set up 7 wide-mouth pint-size canning jars, metal rings and lids.
- 2Don't use any other jars.
- 3Sterilize jars, lids and rings according to manufacturer's directions.
- 4Grease inside, but not the rim of jars.
- 5Preheat oven to 325°F
- 6In large bowl cream sugar and shortening with electric mixer.
- 7Add eggs and mix well.
- 8Add buttermilk and vanilla and mix well.
- 9Place dry ingredients in a separate large bowl and blend with a whisk.
- 10Add creamed ingredients to dry ingredients and mix with whisk and spoon.
- 11Gently stir in mashed bananas and nuts.
- 12Pour one cup of batter into prepared jars.
- 13DO NOT use more than one cup of banana bread recipe batter or it will overflow and jar will not seal.
- 14Place banana bread recipe filled jars evenly spaced on a cookie sheet.
- 15Place in a pre-heated 325F oven for 45 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. **Yield amount is pint jars.
- 16Remove banana bread recipe jars from oven one at a time keeping remaining jars in oven.
- 17Working quickly, wipe rim, place lid and ring on jar and secure.
- 18Jars will seal quickly.
- 19Repeat with remaining jars.
- 20When ready to serve, banana bread will slide out.
- 21A properly sealed banana bread in a jar recipe will stay fresh for one year.
- 22GIFTY TIP FOR YOUR BANANA BREAD IN A JAR RECIPE:
- 23Place a circle of patterned fabric (9" diameter will do it) under the ring of the lid, or over top the lid secured by a rubber band. Put a ribbon and bow of raffia or fabric around the ring of the lid over top the rubber band. A hot glue gun will be handy to add other decor.
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Banana Bread in a Jar
Serving Size: 1 (269 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 7
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 863.4
- Calories from Fat 269
- Total Fat 29.9 g
- Saturated Fat 6.9 g
- Cholesterol 107.2 mg
- Sodium 898.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 138.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.0 g
- Sugars 83.3 g
- Protein 13.5 g