Recipe by mattdegasperi
A chewy and nutty gluten-free Banana Bread!
Top Review by jcrozier
I had to make a few substitutions (stevia and Xylito, Coconut oil) and only had 1 egg so used flax. Even with all those substitutions it was really good. I baked it in little loaf pans and it still took close to an hour to cook. Definitely a 'saver'
- 1 3⁄4 cups Bob's Red Mill gluten-free all-purpose baking flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons xanthan gum
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2⁄3 cup white sugar
- 1⁄3 cup butter, softened
- 2 eggs or 1⁄2 cup Egg Beaters egg substitute
- 1 cup mashed banana
- 1⁄2 cup chopped maple walnuts or 1⁄2 cup pecans
Directions See How It's Made
- 1. Grease an 8x4 or 9x5 inch loaf pan. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- 2. In a large mixing bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and sugar. Add butter, eggs, nuts, and mashed banana. Beat until well blended.
- 3. Pour batter into prepared pan and bake about 1 hour, or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the loaf comes out clean.