1 hr 15 mins
carrie sheridan's Note:
I have posted a great banana tea bread recipe with a cake consistency... but this recipe has the gooeyness of the bananas and is just as good in a different way. Try BOTH... they are the most delicious banana breads you'll ever eat. Great toasted, too! Freezes well.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Cream the butter and sugar together until very light. Beat in the egg.
- 3Sift together the whole wheat flour, white flour, baking soda and salt.
- 4Combine the bananas and buttermilk, stirring just enough to combine well.
- 5Alternately add dry ingredients and banana mixture to creamed butter/sugar/egg mixture.
- 6Turn into an oiled 9 by 5 inch loaf pan.
- 7Bake 50-60 minutes or until done.
- 8White flour can be substituted for whole wheat flour - also try rice flour, oat flour, coconut flour [add extra liquid if using coconut flour in a 1 to 1 ratio].
- 9Cool in pan 10 minutes. Remove from the pan and finish cooling on a rack.
- 10Yields 1 loaf.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Banana Bread from the New York Times Natural Foods Cookbook
Serving Size: 1 (98 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 293.4
- Calories from Fat 114
- Total Fat 12.7 g
- Saturated Fat 7.6 g
- Cholesterol 54.1 mg
- Sodium 402.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 42.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 23.4 g
- Protein 4.3 g