I found this on Pinterest and decided to give it a go. This recipe doesn't use sugar and adapts well when you use all purpose flour instead of the whole wheat pastry flour it calls for. It is a loose batter, but bakes up nicely. A great, subtle banana flavor!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (I used vanilla bean powder)
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup mashed banana (I used two over ripe bananas)
- 1 3/4 cups whole wheat pastry flour or 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon, plus
- more ground cinnamon, to swirl on top
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 cup hot water
- 11. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
- 22. In a large bowl, beat oil and honey together.
- 33. Add eggs, and mix well.
- 44. Stir in bananas and vanilla, then stir in flour, salt and cinnamon.
- 55. Add baking soda to hot water, stir to mix, and then add to batter.
- 66. Spread batter into a greased 9×5 inch loaf pan.
- 77. Sprinkle with cinnamon, and swirl with a toothpick for a pretty marbled effect.
- 88. Bake for 55 to 60 minutes. Be sure to check that the bread is done baking by inserting a toothpick in the top. It should come out clean.
- 99. Cool on wire rack for 1/2 hour before slicing.
- 10Read more at: http://www.food.com/members/subm/editr2?oc=linkback.
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Banana Bread from Green Cilantro's Blog
Serving Size: 1 (70 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 222.9
- Calories from Fat 79
- Total Fat 8.8 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Cholesterol 37.2 mg
- Sodium 257.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 16.8 g
- Protein 4.3 g