Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 min
I found this in my Grandma's cookbook. It's also a good way to use up bananas that have gone south. These also freezes well. Wrap tightly in plastic wrap and then in tin foil.
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon sour milk, use milk with a squirt of lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup nuts, leave them chunky
- 3 mashed bananas
- Cream the butter and sugar together.
- Beat in 1 egg at a time.
- Mix or sift dry ingredients and beat in
- Add nuts, milk, and bananas.
- Pour into greased, floured loaf pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes to one hour.