Recipe by Pam in the Kitchen
This is the recipe I always use for banana bread. It is very forgiving and you can add more nuts, more bananas (just adjust the milk quantity so the batter has the consistency of muffin batter), and only need one bowl. I use walnuts usually, but pecans are good too and I usually use the cheap 'whole and pieces' nuts without chopping further.
- 2 -3 medium bananas
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 3 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons olive oil or 3 tablespoons soft butter
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1 cup chopped nuts
Directions See How It's Made
- Put the bananas in the mixer bowl and beat to mash them.
- Add all of the other ingredients and beat for 30 seconds (don't over-beat).
- Pour/scrape into a 9x5x3 pan with the bottom only greased.
- Bake at 350 for about 1 hour until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.