Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
It all started this past Easter, where at a wonderful little restaurant called Jane's (in Chicago), I had my first taste of the amazingness that is Banana Bread French Toast. Ever since, I have been wanting to make my own! So when my fiance and I made a batch of Vino Girl's Banana-Oatmeal Bread (#100513 ) originally from Cooking Light, it was the perfect opportunity. If you ever have any kind of banana bread sitting around -- you have to try this!
- 6 slices banana bread (your favorite recipe)
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 tablespoons skim milk
- 1 tablespoon flour
- maple syrup
- Heat a griddle or skillet over medium heat.
- To make the batter, put flour into a wide flat bowl.
- Mix while adding milk to avoid lumps.
- Mix in eggs and whisk or mix with a fork to combine.
- Dip pieces of bread into egg mixture and let it soak in, flipping over to coat.
- Place soaked bread onto griddle/skillet and sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Cook until nicely browned, then flip over to brown the other side.
- Serve with your favorite maple syrup and turkey sausage for a delicious special occasion breakfast!