Prep 0 mins
Cook 10 mins
I wanted to try something new with the banana bread my wife made the other day. This is a great way to incorporate banana bread into a banana's foster recipe. Each component of the dessert is simple; but brought together they are GREAT! My wife says it is a keeper.
- 4 slices banana bread, 1/2-inch thick
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 8 scoops vanilla ice cream
- Melt butter in a small saucepan. Add brown sugar and vanilla and stir frequently over low heat until sugar is fully dissolved. Per serving put one slice of banana bread down as a base. Add two scoops of ice cream on the bread and 1/4 of sauce over the ice cream.
What a great way to use up leftover banana bread, even if it's getting a bit dried out. This is even better if you lightly toast or grill the banana bread before adding the toppings to it. I think I slightly overcooked my sauce, because it hardened up a bit on top of the ice cream. No matter, though; it didn't slow us down one bit, lol. Thanks for thinking this treat up and posting the recipe! Made for PAC Spring 2013